Sean originally set up with his father, a successful ‘factory based Abrasive Blasting business,’ which continues to-date.
After leaving the business, Sean branched out to his own enterprise of Mobile Blasting. With the aid of specialized equipment, he offered Blasting and Painting services on location within the Building, Construction, Marine and Engineering industries. These services continue to-date.
Examples of private and commercial contracts have seen the MOBILE blasting of:
- Super Yacht (blast and primed in 3.5days)
- Fleet of Fishing Vessels (blast and primed through to top coats)
- Various crafts (blast/primed/antifoul)
- Hulls of Yachts
- Rainbows End – log flume (blast and pain sprayed)
- Papatoetoe Olympic Pool (blast and paint sprayed)
- Otahuhu Power (blast and paint – inside and out)
- Rosedale Water Treatment plant (blast and paint)
- Road line removal (blast)
With over 20 years wealth of experience within the Blasting industry and 30 years within the Painting industry, Sean identified a lack of ‘marina based’ blasting facilities, within Auckland.
In early 2014 the quest to find a suitable Marine based location with the necessary facilities was undertaken and the ultimate site found in September 2014.
On 1st November, 2014 AUCKLAND MARINE BLASTERS was created; Managing Director Sean Weafer and his dedicated team moved into SHED 3 of Hobsonville (westpark) Marina.