Blasting is a surface treatment process widely used in a variety of different industries, with many diverse purposes. It is one of the most effective ways to strip and profile a surface of any foreign material, which is a vital cleaning process used to prepare surfaces for high performance coatings or to treat final products to give them the lustre and surface texture desired. It also helps to rejuvenate the material and start the process of making it look new again.
BLAST MEDIA USED
Garnet is our preferred ‘blast media’ which effectively de-coats and cleans the substrate in one step. It is a blasting mineral, derived from either Almandite or Andradite deposits. Garnet is an industrial gemstone that creates a profile virtually free of embedment, which makes it excellent for coating adhesion, as well as applications where low or no transfer of grit into the substrate can be tolerated.The simplest way to describe garnet would be clean and fast.
- Environmentally Friendly! It is often used to blast structures residing over or next to bodies of water where contamination by the blasting media itself is a concern.
- Garnet is safe and non-toxic with very low free silica levels (generally less than 1%).
- Low Dusting. Garnet is a fast and clean blast media.
- Excellent for coating prep use. Garnet will leave a profile that is almost free from embedment, troughs, and peaks.
Excellent for –
- Tanks and other confined spaces where use of a low dusting abrasive is necessary.
- Dry docks, Bridges, Shipyards – a great abrasive to use where water contamination is a concern.
- Aluminium and Fiberglass surfaces
- Hangar decks
- Powder coating, denim blasting
- Industrial Painting
OTHER BLAST MEDIA AVAILABLE TO USE:
Soda – Soda blasting is gentle enough at stripping paint, that it does not attack glass or chrome, it can also be used to clean delicate engine parts, degrease parts, remove graffiti, mould, and for fire damage remediation.
Bead Glass – produces a much smoother and brighter finish than angular abrasives.
Altex Coatings Ltd is our preferred, tried and trusted supplier of paint; however we are open to using other products you prefer, so long as the product and finish it provides is up to our standards. We really know our products, but are always open to your suggestions.